Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new...

Happy New Year.
Why is it we always say that, but I wonder, do we mean it? What is it but a simple greeting used as a generic form of communication? It is like saying, "How are you doing?" We ask the question, but I know I don't really have the time or the inclination to know. In fact, some people I have learned to not ask, because they will usually tell me!

Please don't think I am rude, I try not to show it, but my point is, how sincere are we? Why waste words on things we have no desire to know about? Why do we pretend? Do we feel less human if we don't ask the questions society deems are neccessary?

On the other hand, there are times I really want to know, because I feel I can help someone in a difficult situation. If someone calls with a request for prayer, or a visit because they are having a rough time over something, or if they just need to talk, I am your girl.

Just food for thought, and I may make this my new years resolution. Probably not, because I hate those. But just something to think about. To not mince words, but not waste them either.

No comments: