I am a sponsor for an activity club at work, called the Munch Bunch. I have 35 students who attend regularly, I had 80 some apply! It is all about the food, of course, but I like to think they like me too. We have done taste testing on several items, including bagel pizzas, fruit and veggies with dip and popcorn balls. Today they decorated graham crackers with icing, sprinkles and assorted sugary components. Sorry bus drivers for the hyper kids I sent your way! :-)
My goal is to encourage healthy snacks and increased milk participation, and I think it is working. Today wasn't that healthy, but it was fun.
I have three great ladies that help me, and today only one could be there, but I have a good sub staff that pitches in and does a great job.
I find I am really liking working with this age group outside of a lunch line, so maybe I will modify my college plans to middle school age and not just high school. Good thing I am early in the planning stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment