Sunday, January 4, 2009

Here we go again!

It is the Sunday before the first day of school after Christmas break. I sit here and try not to contemplate the changes that are going to be made, because, after all, I am still on vacation. So I'll worry about that tomorrow...
I am trying to determine whether or not to take down the decorations today, or just finish being a couch potato one more day.
I could log onto the virtual classroom and get started on my homework assignment for the first week of COM 101, or return the overdue library book.
I do know I need to get out of this rut and into my routine before I explode. I find I am not one of those people who does well just drifting through life, I need to have a plan, a routine, a schedule to ensure I am productive and serving a purpose.
Isn't that what everyone wants, to know they have a purpose and a reason for living? Although by serving our God, everyone can feel they have a purpose. That is what we are created to do, serve the Lord. Everything else is just stuff.
I hope this year finds me serving God and being more aware of Him. I want to find Him at work and join Him there. I don't want to ask Him to bless my projects, because what He has started has already been blessed. That is my wish for us all, to serve the Lord with gladness and enter His gates with song.

No comments: