Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Graduation Ceremony

On Thursday we knew where the ceremony was going to be held so didn't leave the hotel as early as we probably should have. The line to get into the Fort was very long and I had visions of Stephanie's graduation and standing on the sidelines. Fortunately we got in and got real good seats for the event. The DS called the cadence and in they marched. On this occasion they were in their digital camo's and I think they looked sharp. We think Jim got the processional taped, but haven't looked at it yet. Each Platoon was then called on stage and they individually called out their name and home town. Leslie was real loud, but I was concentrating on getting a picture more than being in the moment. I think the picture is too dark, which is too bad.
After all was over we met her and Matt Duckwitz, her friend from Ft. Hood, Texas. He is a firefighter and former student of Jim's from Sterling. He will be returning to Iraq in January for a second tour. We loaded her gear and headed over to the USO for cake and soda, then off to the hotel to change.

No comments: