I had been reading the book of Job, and funny how life imitates scripture. My husband got sick and then lost his job. I haven't read Job since. However, I am struck by Job's statement "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord." This man lost everything, and he still could praise God. What a powerful testament to who God is and how deserving He is of our praise. In Robin McGraw's book she mentions a story in which a lady had some unfortunate things happen to her, but she never asked why because she felt that would imply it should happen to someone else and not her. I always ask why, and feel somewhat ashamed of myself because I am not any better than anyone else and I don't feel as if it should happen to someone else. It just seems like life throws things at us and I can't catch my breath.
That is why it is crucial to be grounded in scripture, for such a time as this.
Last year at this time we were in the midst of a foreclosure and bankruptcy as a result of some mismanagement and illness. I have learned much from this past year, and just when I feel comfortable something comes along and shakes up everything. However, knowing God and trusting His plan gives me an edge that those without Christ don't have. I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard me against anything that may come my way. (I lost my train of thought with that verse, or is it a hymn?) How do people without any foundation in faith survive? I think of my life before Christ and after, and there is no way I could endure without Him. It makes me want to serve Him more, and yet the cycle begins again with me asking "Why me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment