Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday, the big day!

Wednesday I over slept! I am so used to getting up with the dogs at 6:00 and I did get up, I just went back for a minute. So, we are hustling around and go downstairs for breakfast. While in line at the coffeepot Jim asked the lady behind us if she had a child at FLW. She did and she mentioned her daughter was finishing MP training and an honor graduate. I knew then that it was Leslie's battle buddy's mom. Sure enough, what a small world! I knew how well Carissa had done from Leslie and so we were able to connect. After getting on post we drove around aimlessly looking for the right place. After my wrong suggestion we stopped for help and finally found the Abrahms Theater. There were so many people there and we were all so desperate to see our kids. Finally, you could hear the DS call the cadence and we all stood when they came in. She looked so beautiful, my green pickle! The smile was glorious and she looked so healthy. What a relief and I was so proud that I was crying and laughing at the same time. It is possible to do that.
After a short ceremony and some awards we went outside to see them doing pushups in their dress uniform and looking so sharp it was incredible.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

What a great post, Robin! I wish I had been there to see it.