Friday, October 3, 2008

Quietness

After a busy and noisy day at work it is nice to come home and see the dogs. They are always so glad to see me and we go for a walk each afternoon. Then it is off to the computer to check on any message board posts for GCU and/or FB or email. (Not necessarily in that order). Today being Friday I wanted to get a good start on my paper which is due Sunday. I got it done, just like to let it perc a bit and see what can be done better. Saturday is going to be a busy one here around the house with things I have neglected and my list is ready and waiting.
We decided to put the dogs in Leslie's room at night, so I did have a good night sleep without Lotto in my face or on my legs. That only adds to the quiet, unless it is early enough and the XM radio is still on or if Jim is snoring.:-) He says I snore too, hard to argue since I am asleep and don't listen!
In the past I would come home and turn on something just for the noise factor, but I am finding it really is beneficial to "Be still and know that God is God".
Blessings to all!

No comments: