I found a book today at the store entitled Behind Those Eyes by Lisa Whittle. It caught my attention for several reasons, the most important one being, I know what I hide from the world, who else is doing this? What can we do about it, is there anyone we can trust that we can develop a deep relationship with, other than God? I am feeling led to start a women's small group, only I want this one to be different. We are in this place on earth at this time for a purpose, and I think only by uniting under Christ can we achieve His will, and nuture each other. In the book Lisa teaches us (under the guidance of the Holy Spirit) how to free ourselves from shallow interaction and practice truth as a healing agent in our relationships. We also can see our impersonations for what they really are and choose authenticity over pretense.
Friendships are valuable, and we need to make sure we are doing all we can to nuture them and help them grow. Also, we need people in our lives that won't be judgemental, and can offer biblical wisdom to us at different stages of life. If you read this and want to join, please send me a comment or an email.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment