I borrow that title from Chuck Colson, I believe. After this week with all it's ups and downs I was in search of some comfort and guidance from Christians whose thoughts mirror mine. I found one such site, Del Tackett from The Truth Project echoes my sentiments. He says we are to continue to be the salt and light in the world, and that this is the time for the Bride of Christ to show how winsome she can be to those who are in darkness. We are also to pray for our President-elect and whomever he chooses to serve on his cabinet.
That said I think America is going to be in for the ride of her life, and that is not a positive statement. It isn't neccessarily a bad one either, because through it all God is still God and He does have a plan. His purposes will stand and He will not be shaken.
On a personal note, I am dealing with the arthritis in my neck again, taking drugs and starting PT for it once more. I was able to go visit Stephanie on Tuesday after casting my vote, and since we had a short week it was Friday before I knew it. This Tuesday is Veteran's Day and I am hopeful that a picture of Leslie will be in the slide show during the program the high school puts on each year.
We are having a retired Army General deliver the message this morning at church, I will post any points he makes later on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment