Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Hebrew Scriptures

I must confess that I have thoroughly enjoyed my class this semester on Old Testament History. I took New Testament History mistakenly thinking I could avoid Old Testament, and what a tragedy that would have been. It has been so fascinating, and exciting, and yes humbling as well. To see the mistakes that have been made for so long, and today I still make many of the same ones. Don't we learn from our lessons? I find I forget, so I can only pray God forgets too. I know if we repent and turn away from our sin, we are forgiven, but what if we don't truly repent? If we keep doing the same thing over and over, is it really forgiven? The Apostle Paul says to not increase in sin that grace may abound, and that is not my intent. But it seems to be my modus operandi at times. Another thing I have learned is to take something you don't perhaps enjoy and do your best at it, and see what comes of it. I know that God has blessed the time I spent in His word, and I have the grades to prove it. I also find I am retaining more knowledge, and that is very encouraging, especially considering the amount of gray hair I am finding again. I am on the final week in this class, and it looks to be an exciting close to a great six months in my college career.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

What a great blog post, Sis! It takes a strong person to look at yourself in the mirror and profess to the faults that you find in yourself! By doing so, you also find yourself to be stronger afterwards, I think!