Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CLC

A CLC is a colloborative learning community used in an online college enviroment. I was assigned to one in PSY 101, and had no luck getting other people to contribute so I did the project myself, with approval by my instructor. Well, for COM 101 I am in another CLC and this one doesn't look so promising either. I find myself amazed at the lack of grammar and sentence structure that is acceptable at a college level. I don't find the word I capitalized, periods are ususally absent and you need to figure out where the sentence ends and the spelling is atrocious. And I am supposed to get in a group with these folks and do an 8 week research paper? I don't think so. I'll give it a week, see what ideas they come up with, and then present my case to the instructor. I don't want a lower grade because someone can't write, nor do I want them getting a better grade because I am more conscientous. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

On a happier note, Steph leaves Thursday for Texas to be with Leslie for a week. She flies into Austin Thursday night and can spend 4 days with Leslie in Killeen at Theresa's house, then they go back to Ft. Polk Monday night for the week. She returns home on the following Saturday, and goes back to school either Tuesday or Wednesday. If anyone is in the Charlotte area 1.15 or 1.24 she will have 3 hour lay-overs and could use some company!

No comments: